Thursday, May 6, 2010

Don't Stop Belizing!!

When people ask me "How was Belize?" I find it so difficult to truely convey the answer. Words that come to mind are Amazing, Beautiful, Wonderful, Indescribeble, and of course Un-Belize-Able!! But I know I will never be able to fully express what going to Belize really meant to me.






Having had a fairly unconventional College experience, having the opportunity to share the experience with 17 others, all of close quarters, was an experience all on its own. I am thankful for the friendships I made with the only people who will ever really understand what the experience was really like.

During my time in Belize, I formed friendships with the locals that will stay with me forever. As I made my way to the airport, I remember thinking you aren't suppose to be this sad to leave for home. Saying goodbye to my new friends Loreni and Luis as well as Chico from my favorite restaurant, and sweet Alex one of the young boys who sold jeweley was more diffiuclt then I could have imagined. As excited as I was to get home, leaving the place that had been my home for the last 5 weeks was bittersweet.

I hope that this experience will act as the stepping stone I hope it was in preparing me to enter into the Peace Corps. I know this was only a small taste to what living in a 3rd world country is like, but it was a great glimpse into life in other countries.

As I embark on the rest of my teaching future I will always remember this great adventure and experience. And remember "Don't Stop Belizing!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment