Monday, March 22, 2010

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...

BIG ones small ones, some as big as your head!

Here on the island, there are LOTS of coconuts... everywhere. Whether you are walking down the beach or down the street, you will see your fair share of coconuts. Many vendors sell coconuts to eat but if you don't want to buy one you can pick one up yourself. You just need to figure out how to open it.

Since being here many of us have tried to open the coconuts we have found laying around... unsuccessfully! We have smashed them on the ground, on the corner of the sidewalk or even against a tree. Who knew coconuts could bounce!

Native Belizean's we are not, so instead if you need a coconut opened you need to find this man here...Coconut Joe! Now kids, don't try this at home!!

We did get to try a piece after he cut open the coconut, but I think I'm just going to stick with pineapple!

1 comment:

  1. You are braver than I. I don't think I would have tried it.

    ReplyDelete