Monday, March 29, 2010

BI-Cycle, BI-Cycle



I want to ride my BI-Cycle...






On our second Saturday, a group of us decided to rent bikes and bike to the north end of the Island. I admit I was a little nervous since I couldn't remembe the last time I got on a bike, but I guess the expression "its like riding a bike" has to come from somewhere right! We ended up biking over the bridge and down to the yoga retreat and hostel called Ak'Bol. The children of the owners of Ak'Bol actually go to Isla Bonita the primary school I taught at. The retreat was absolutely breath taking and the food was good too! It was truly like visiting a paradise. After we ate, we went down to the water and went snorkeling. The water in Belize is so crystal clear and beautiful and it is amazing what you can see under the water. I was having a great time just floating around until someone said "is that a shark" which is about the time I swam to the ladder haha. It ended up being a barracuda, but still marked my offical exit out of the water.


After exploring around the beautiful retreat and taking endless pictures, we headed back to Pedro's. In a all out perfect day, my only complaint was my bicycle seat! It was loose and no amount of tightening on pushing down would keep the seat from angling up. This made for quite the uncomfortable bike ride back and lets just say left me pretty sore for the next few days.

Even with having to deal with the very uncomfrotable bike, having the chance to bike down the beach and take in all the beauty of the island was well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment